The Iron Forge at Radovna

The Iron Forge at Radovna was first mentioned in 1571 as a specialized plant division belonging to the assembly of the forges of Javornik and Jesenice. The technological process practised at the Radovna Forge was called »pudlanje«, the local term for melting the iron with coke. At the time when the forge was operating, the plant encompassed over 10 separate buildings. The structures still standing today are the remains of the halls of residence of the workers, and of the adjacent forge building.